Introductions to the Book Club

Mine turned 1 in July. If you’re not already, chasing him around the house will soon be a new pastime.

Oh yes! He started walking about a month ago.

Hi Jessica, Where are you stationed? I’m the spouse of an army officer and we just moved to Fort Polk, LA. I know there’s tons of posts, just thought I’d see if you might be here! :blush: Liz

Hi, my name is Jealien. I live in Beacon. Originally from the city. I have two boys and work in the Newburgh School District. I graduated in 2015 with a bachelor’s in Organizational Leadership and Communications.

Hey! I’m in Germany. The Army Gods were kind lol. I hear Fort Polk has amazing things to do outdoors!

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m Stephanie (Composto) Martino and I graduated Marist in 2008. I was a Spanish/ Education major and, currently, I’m teaching Spanish at a High School on Long Island. I have an amazing 18 month old daughter; I really got back into reading while I was on maternity leave but kept reading the same types of books so I’m excited to try some different genres and themes (and of course to read books that are more than 10 pages and covered in brightly colored illustrations).

Hi Everyone! My name is Jenna, Class of '09. I live in Brooklyn and work in the city as an interior designer for which I travel far and wide, affording me a lot of great reading time. I recently joined a local book club as well and think this will be an interesting way to connect with the community, find new reads, and spark some ideas to get back to writing myself!

1 Like

See I joined, now we need to get Linds

Yay! This is going to be so fun.

1 Like

Hi! My name is Katie Kilgallen and I graduated with the Class of 2017! I’m currently working in NYC at a music company and absolutely loving it. Hoping to get back into reading on my train rides in and out of the city-- so this is the perfect way to do it! :slight_smile: SO excited to be a part of this book club with my fellow Red Fox alumni!

Hi all. I’m Mickey D’Addario, class of '14, American Studies. I’m currently getting my PhD in English at Duke University. I always have a lot to read, but I’m looking forward to the opportunity to do some reading for fun.

Hi Annie! Glad to meet you. I’ve been in MA too many years to admit!

Hi Everyone
My name is Bill Henn and I am a graduate of Marist - Class of 1969.
I made the decision to join this book club because it is something I’ve never done.
While I don’t know how this exchange of idea’s will eventually turn out, I look forward to the different view points that may be exchanged.
Realizing that I am significantly older than the vast majority of other members (and therefore bringing a different slant to future discussions) I would like you to know from the beginning that I am retired from work but not retired from life.
You should also know that I have been happily married for 50+ years, have 12 children (8 Marist graduates), and (currently) 26 grandchildren.
So let the exchanges begin…

1 Like

Welcome, Bill! Looking forward to you insights.
Sounds like you’ve got quite the family of Red Foxes! Any grand kids looking to follow in your paw prints?

My name is Joyce Simon, and I graduated from Marist in 2013 with a degree in Liberal Arts/ Social Science. Great to catch up with you all! I am a lifelong learner and reader of non-fiction.

I love your intro. I am also a Long Island Girl at :heart:! Now I live in NJ.

I graduated in '93 with a degree in Fashion Design & Merchandising.I live in NJ. I’m originally from Long Island. I was very excited when I opened the e-mail about this Book Club. I have wanted to join a bookclub for a while.

Thanks Marist! :fox_face:

1 Like

Hi all! I’m Emily and I graduated in 2014 with a Communications/Public Relations degree. Currently living in Boston and I’m an avid reader, so this will be fun! :slight_smile:

Hi Everyone,

I’m Ellen, I graduated in 1991 with a degree in English and a concentration in writing. I also have an MLIS degree from San Jose State. I’m from Long Island and we are currently living in New Hampshire. Looking forward to reading and discussing with you all!

Best,
Ellen

Hi Ellena, my name is Susan Brannen and I graduated in 1972 being part of the first cadre of young women to enter Marist. Although my initial degree was a combined English/Russian I went on to get my MS and Doctorate (AuD.) in Audiology. Worked primarily in the public school system and am currently retired. I too have read Educated but did so without discussion with others. I look forward to listening to other perspectives.

1 Like