Introductions to the Book Club

Welcome! This book club will be an opportunity for alumni to read interesting books and discuss them in an online community. The group will read books related to lifelong learning, personal growth, fiction, and other topics the participants are interested in. To help us create a welcoming and connected community, complete the Introductions Checklist below!

Introductions Checklist:

• Create your online forum profile by clicking on the circle icon in the top right corner of the page, then clicking on the gear. Add your photo and name. Now we can see who we are talking with!

• Introduce yourself in the comments below. Tell us a bit about who you are, when you graduated, and your hopes for our book club. Tell us a fun fact if you are up for it.

• Make your plan for how you will get our first book whether that means ordering it, borrowing it from a library, or buying an audio version. Congrats, you have finished all of the tasks on the introductions checklist!

1 Like

Hi! I’m Tanya Savino (Hudson previously), class of ‘05. I live in Texas & have 2 little girls, so not a lot of time to read. I’m hoping this’ll help me get back to doing that & provide a little “me” time.

2 Likes

Hi,I’m Robin (Cassella) Stanley. I did my masters through Marist’s online Integrated Marketing Communications program in 2015. I live in CT and I’m a new mom so I don’t have much time to read. Hoping to get back into reading more regularly and maybe do some networking along the way.

2 Likes

My name is Patty Tarantello. I graduated from Marist in 2004, and I actually now teach at Marist in the English department. Additionally, I’m a mom of two young kids, so free time is limited. I tend to use my driving time to “read” by listening to audiobooks. I’ve been hearing great things about Educated for awhile now, so I look forward to finally reading it!

1 Like

Hi! I’m Kathleen Donohoe. I graduated from Marist in 1994 with a degree in English/Writing. I am a writer, and I work in a school in Brooklyn, NY. Most of my reading is done on the subway these days and I’d like to read more, and more widely than I do on my own.

3 Likes

Hi! I’m Jessica. I graduated in ‘13 with a major in English and a concentration in literature. I’m an active duty Army officer and a mom of a toddler. I’m also looking for a little bit of “me time” and to exercise my brain a bit more. I crave discussions about the things I read and I really miss having a community to share in that dialogue. I’m looking forward to the experience!

5 Likes

Hi! My name is Karen (Straub) Brancato and I graduated from Marist in 1985 with a BS in Finance. Since then I have earned an MBA from the University of Phoenix, and most recently, my PhD from Capella University. After I finished my dissertation, I stopped reading for a long time. Now, I am an accounting/finance professor at the University of Central Florida and don’t do much “recreational reading”. I am excited to share this journey with you.

2 Likes

Hi! I am Melissa (Manso) Pennucci and I graduated from Marist in 1998 with a Radio/TV/ Film degree. I worked as a television producer for World Wresting Entertainment for 10 years but for the past 11 years I have been a stay at home Mom to my two daughters. I started reading quite a bit when I was traveling a lot while working and I just never gave it up! I now belong to a book club with some friends in my hometown of Wilton, CT. I love the discussions and discovering books I wouldn’t have necessarily chosen for myself to read.

3 Likes

Hi! I’m Cara Guerin and I graduated from Marist in 2018 with a BS in Fashion Merchandising. I currently working in Manhattan and commute in from CT so I have plenty of time to read on the train (I am up to 58 books this year!). I am a very avid reader and enjoy connecting with other book lovers!

4 Likes

Hi everyone – I’m a 1981 graduate from the Communication Arts program (maiden name Morrison). I love to read and I’m looking forward to having a great selection of books and to join in the conversations. I plan on getting EDUCATED on my tablet!

2 Likes

Jess!!! So excited to see you’re in this too!

1 Like

Hi! My name is Christine Martello, class of '09. I live in Manhattan, work in finance and do a lot of traveling for both work and fun. I’ve been listening to a ton of podcasts but really miss physically reading a book. Book club sounded fun because I’ve been meaning to get more involved with the Marist community and read more, I’m hoping this will help me do both.

5 Likes

Oh! Hi, friend! This is going to be lovely!

Hi,
I’m Daniela Regier and I graduated around 05 (I think 0 it’s been a while and it was grad school so I don’t remember the exact year) I am looking forward to reading some interesting books and talking about them with others.

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m Frank Andriano, proud class of ‘11 alum! I live in Astoria, NY and work in finance. I am currently in between jobs and considering a career change. I’m looking forward to using some of my free time to continue to educate and inform myself as well as to make some new connections!

1 Like

Hi I’m Martha Jordan. I graduated in 1993. I love to read but just don’t find that I have the time for enjoyable reading for me. I think after I earned my doctorate, I just needed a break from reading and am slowly getting back in the habit.

1 Like

Hi all! My name is Andrew Zink and I graduated with a double major from the School of Liberal Arts this past May in the class of 2019. I’ve been working in the Ulster County Department of Economic Development since June. It’s occupied quite a bit of my time, but I’d love to get back into reading and get to know other alumni as well! This seems like the perfect avenue to do so.

1 Like

Hi everyone! My name is Ian Krout and I graduated class of 2018 with a degree in Environmental Science. I am from Philadelphia but currently live in Rochester, NY as I pursue my PhD in Toxicology. I can’t say I don’t read as I average about 10-15 scientific articles a week, but would love to have some free time to read something just for fun! Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Hi everyone! My name is Michael and I graduated in 2016 with a business degree. I live in Westchester County in NY and I work in finance. I look forward to exploring different book topics, making reading a real habit, and getting to know some great alumni!

1 Like

Hi! I’m Emily. I graduated from Marist in 2018 with a degree in psychology. I currently work in HR for a tourism marketing company in CT. Looking forward to connecting with other Marist grads through our love of reading!

1 Like