Book Recommendations

What books have you read lately? What books would you recommend to our group? What are your favorite books? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below.

I recently finished The Kite Runner and absolutely loved it! It’s well written and a classic for a reason. Another great book is City of Thieves! It is a coming of age story set during WWII and is considered historical fiction.

2 Likes

I’m reading the Beekeeper of Aleppo right now and enjoying it . Recently enjoyed The Saturday Night Ghost Club, Little Fires Everywhere, The Power, Vox, Rising Out of Hatred, The Great Believers, and Running with Sherman. All time favs are anything by Carol Goodman, The Discovery of Witches Trilogy, Harry Potter, The Great Gatsby

1 Like

The Kite Runner was great

1 Like

A great book to ready is Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens

3 Likes

The Kite Runner is one of my favorite books!

1 Like

I love this book as well. Kya is such an intriguing character!

I just finished reading The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides. I would definitely recommend if you’re into psychological thrillers.

4 Likes

It was such a good book! Reese Witherspoon’s book club picks have been on point :slight_smile:

This book is on my To Read list! Glad to hear good reviews :slight_smile:

I just finished the audible version of Educated and the hard copy of Normal People. I’m currently reading, White Elephant, by Julie Langsdorf

I just finished and recommend Secrets We Kept by Lara Prescott.

another Reese Witherspoon book club pick. I was on the fence about that but now may read it. Glad you recommend it!

If your interested in Russian literature or history it’s a really enjoyable read

How is that book? I just bought it but haven’t started reading it yet.

This was an excellent book and beautifully written.

Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate was a great read! I was fascinated with learning more about the Tennessee Children’s Home Society, which I had known nothing about prior to reading this book!

2 Likes

I keep meaning to finish Becoming by Michelle Obama. Would love to add that to the list.

3 Likes

I recently finished Crucial Conversations: Talking when the Stakes are High, which is all about how to navigate an important conversation when emotions are involved and opinions vary a lot. This book was very insightful, and I feel more prepared to have an effective conversation when it matters most. I also read Elizabeth Kostova’s The Swan Thieves, a story about an extremely talented painter who struggles with psychological issues, causing him to attempt destroying a painting in an art museum.

1 Like

Today I started In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson. I came across it at a local library book sale and thought it looked interesting.

Recently I finished Against the Gods: A remarkable Story of Risk by Peter Bernstein and Madness Visible by Janine Di Giovanni.

I prefer reading non-fication. Robert Kaplan is probably my favorite author. As far as fiction, I really liked East of Eden, The Stranger and The Count of Monte Cristo.